- You can stake $XDEFI tokens, view the current APY, and key staking metrics at: https://app.xdefi.io/stake
- Staked $XDEFI tokens now auto-compound and can be withdrawn at any time.
- 75% of swap and bridge fees will still be paid out as staking rewards to stakers.
- Note: If you are staking in the old $XDEFI contract, you can unstake from the old contract at any time, and re-stake it in the new contract here.
- The new staking contract is now live at https://app.xdefi.io/stake
- $XDEFI rewards will be paid into both contracts until 1st July 2023.
- Please note that the new contract will have a slightly higher APY – so we encourage you to migrate as soon as convenient.
- If you have a locked position in the old contract, you can now unstake it at any time.
- After 1st July 2023, $XDEFI rewards will no longer be paid into the old staking contract.
- You will be able to unstake your $XDEFI from the old contract at any time, even after 1st July.
- However, positions staked in the old contract will no longer earn additional $XDEFI rewards after 1st July.
What is vXDEFI?
- vXDEFI represents your claim on the pool of staked $XDEFI and $XDEFI rewards.
- 75% of all swap and bridge fees from all XDEFI products are paid to the vXDEFI pool and distributed to stakers.
Why is there an exchange rate between $XDEFI and vXDEFI?
- When you stake $XDEFI you are swapping it for a claim on the overall staking pool.
- As more people enter the staking pool, and as more $XDEFI rewards are added to the pool, the relative value of each claim changes.
- The amount of $XDEFI tokens you can withdraw will always be greater than or equal to the amount you deposited.
- You will not lose any $XDEFI tokens by staking them.
- The USD value of $XDEFI will change over time, so the overall USD value of your tokens might be more or less compared to when you staked.
- When you stake $XDEFI tokens you will always be entitled to remove those tokens (plus any rewards you have already earned) at any time.
- So you will always be able to withdraw at least the same number of $XDEFI tokens as you staked.
- The USD value of your staked $XDEFI will of course vary and fluctuate according to market conditions.
- There will be gas fees to pay when you stake and unstake (and withdraw) $XDEFI (for both the old and new staking contracts).