What is Kava?
Kava is the first Layer One blockchain to combine the speed and scalability of the Cosmos SDK with the developer support of Ethereum into a single scalable network. The Kava blockchain will empower developers to build the next generation of Web3 blockchain applications through its unique combined architecture.
What are the core features of Kava?
- Cross-chain support: Kava is designed to support multiple blockchains, which allows users to trade and borrow across multiple networks. This helps to increase liquidity and improve the overall user experience.
- Collateralized loans: Kava allows users to borrow funds by collateralizing their cryptocurrency holdings. This means that users can access liquidity without having to sell their assets, which can be useful in volatile market conditions. Kava’s collateralized loans are overcollateralized, which helps to minimize the risk of default and ensures the stability of the platform.
- Staking rewards: Kava uses a proof-of-stake (PoS) consensus mechanism, which allows users to stake their Kava tokens and earn rewards for helping to secure the network. This helps to incentivize users to participate in the governance and security of the platform.
- Interoperability: Kava is designed to be interoperable with other blockchain platforms, which allows for the seamless transfer of assets and liquidity across different networks. This helps to increase the flexibility and accessibility of the platform.
- Governance: Kava is governed by its community of users, who can propose and vote on changes to the platform. This helps to ensure that the platform remains decentralized and responsive to the needs of its users.
- Low transaction fees: Kava’s transaction fees are relatively low compared to other DeFi platforms, which makes it more accessible to a wider range of users.
What is the native token of Kava?
The native token of Kava is KAVA. KAVA is the native governance and staking token of the blockchain that enables its security and decentralisation.