Find out how to migrate from MetaMask Wallet to XDEFI Wallet.
2. Unlock MetaMask with your password
3. Click on the image associated with your account at the top right of your MetaMask home screen
4. Select Settings in the drop-down menu
5. Select Security and Privacy
6. Click on Reveal Secret Recovery Phrase
7. Enter your password to reveal
8. Click on Next
9. Note your Recovery Phrase in a safe place
10. Close MetaMask
11. Download and install the latest available version of XDEFI Wallet on your web browser
- XDEFI Wallet is currently supported on Chrome, Brave, Opera, Côc Côc, Edge and soon Firefox: download XDEFI Wallet now.
12. Click on the XDEFI Wallet extension
13. Click on Let’s get started
14. Read and agree to the Terms and conditions and click on Restore XDEFI Wallet
15. Click on Restore with secret phrase
16. Enter secret phrase: type your MetaMask secret phrase here
17. Enter and confirm a new password for this new XDEFI Wallet
18. Name your wallet
19. Click on the Next button
20. Choose whether or not to make XDEFI Wallet your default browser wallet
Note: This option makes XDEFI your default browser wallet when interacting with web applications.
By turning this option on, XDEFI will take priority over other wallet extensions (e.g. MetaMask) you may have installed in your browser when connecting to web applications. This option is easily accessible from the wallet menu if you change your mind!
21. Click on Next
You may now open the extension.
24. Press the extension icon in the top right corner of your web browser
25. Read and close the welcome message
Restore your secondary accounts.
1. At the bottom of the XDEFI Wallet home screen, click on the wallet icon
2. Select the wallet you just imported
3. For each account you had in your MetaMask wallet, click on Create Account for restoration
4. Click on the refresh button to display your balances
5. For each of your accounts that you select from the top of the main interface, now add your assets by clicking on the + Add assets button
Add your assets.
1. Go back to the XDEFI Wallet home screen
2. Click on the + Add assets button
3. Select the Owned tab (showing all the assets you hold)
4. Select your tokens
5. Click on the Next button
I’ve imported my MetaMask seed phrase into XDEFI Wallet, but all my balances are at 0; I have no assets in the “Owned” tab and the Ethereum public deposit address(es) generated after the import aren’t the same. What is the problem?
This can occur for two reasons:
1. You have not imported the correct seed phrase (the one of your current MetaMask wallet) but another seed phrase.
2. You have imported the correct seed phrase, but the account(s) you have in your MetaMask wallet have been manually imported via private key(s) and are not linked to your MetaMask wallet’s seed phrase & private key.