Learn how to back up XDEFI Wallet(s) with 3 different methods :
Method 1: Save your XDEFI Wallet secret phrase
1. From your XDEFI Wallet, click on the Wallet icon (at the bottom of the home screen)
2. Use the selector to select the wallet whose secret phrase you want to see
3. Click on the three ellipses to the right of your selected wallet name
4. From the drop-down menu, select “View secret phrase”
5. Enter your wallet password
Method 2: Save all your wallets with their respective accounts in a single .json file that can be imported during the onboarding process
1. From the XDEFI Wallet home screen, click on the three horizontal lines at the top right
2. Select Wallet management
3. Select now Back up all wallets (XDEFI back up) to save all your wallets and their respective accounts in 1 .json file (xdefi-backup-all.json)
4. Enter wallet password (this password will also be needed to decrypt your file)
Method 3: Save a specific wallet with its respective accounts in a .json file that can be imported from within the Wallet interface
1. Select a wallet
2. Click on the wheel icon
3. Select Keystore to save only this wallet with its respective accounts in 1 .json file (nameOfYourWallet.json)
Where should I save my secret phrase and my .json file(s)?
There are several reliable solutions for saving your passphrase and .json file.
One of these solutions is to store them in a file generated and encrypted by a password manager, which is stored twice on external offline devices.